Saturday, April 10, 2010

Distractions

The other day Peapod pointed out some of the acronyms on other blogs that I was unsure of. Things like DH (Dear Husband/Hubby), dIUI (doner IUI), tcc (Trying to Conceive), BFP (Big Fat Positive), BFN (Big Fat Negative), AF (Aunt Flo) and finally 2ww (2 week wait).

It seems to me all the big "moments" in the infertility cycle get an acronym. The one that puzzled me a bit is why 2ww was such a huge deal until we were in it. Now it's everything I think about when I'm not occupied.

To keep distracted we've taken on various gardening/house projects. Today I cleared out about 20 former border stones from a back corner that we're going to turn into a pair of raised garden beds. Peapod dug up some Hostas and Day Lilies and we moved them to the front of the house. I also finally broke out the lawn mower and took care of the lawn. Much to the relief of my neighbors I'm sure.

We'll be constructing the beds next weekend and plotting out the garden as well as mulching anything that moves.

Now, we had to do these projects anyway so they fall during a great time to distract us.

All of this in the vain attempt to avoid staring at her and constantly asking stupid questions like "Did your boobs grow?" or "Do you feel more tired then usual?". All the stupid questions that bring back the fact that we're in our 2ww again. What a sucky stage.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with you IUI and keeping yourself busy during your 2ww!!! Welcome to the blogging world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! Good luck getting through the 2ww - it lasts forever! Hopefully it is a BFP for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time here, from LFCA.

    I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and your wife. Keep taking your Vitamin C!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Blog Land, loving your page, and very excited to read more and hear the outcome of your 2ww. My DH has Klinefelter Syndrome, aka NO SWIMMERS, and it was difficult for him. I have endo and blocked tubes. We start our first IVF cycle in a couple of months. GL with everything!!! Fingers are crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete