Monday, May 3, 2010

In the hospital

So to add to all the new craziness going on, I've been in the hospital since Saturday with a ton of pain in my chest. I'm 99% sure it was just a massive Acid Reflux attack, but my doctor was worried that I was running a fever or chills on friday night and saturday morning. Saturday actually started off ok, but as soon as I ate some food the pain became overwhelming where I couldn't catch my breah. Felt like my rib cage had become cracked. It's not that I couldn't take a deep breath, but everytime I would have a lot of pain.

Came to a nearby hospital and they admitted me and started running an EKG. Then things get really scray "raised ST levels" "possible damage to your heart" "take these nitro under your tongue" "we are preping the cath-lab for you". Within 10 minutes I was in the Cath lab and was being wheeled out 45 minutes later. Then I hear some of the greatest news that the cardiologist says my Arteries are as clean as a whistle, and that he hopes his artieres are as clear as mine.. Heart Attack ruled out.

Next became the 10 hours of torture as they made me lie flat on my back in a hospital bed. The reason for that is they put a 5" long stent into my leg for the camera to go through and they had to be sure the blood would coagulate.

However, if anyone has had acid reflux lying flat on your back is the equivilent of torture. Acid Boarding is what I'm calling it from now on. Finally, after threatening to take the stent out of my femoral artery myself they took it out, gave me some vicodine and elevated the bed slightly.

Cardiologist brough into a consult of a Gastroenterologists and they decided the next set of steps. Ultra sounds on my kidneys, gall bladder, liver, and heart and an Endoscopy. HAve to stay overnight until Monday since they don't do those tests on the weekends.

Sunday was mostly uneventful... except... Peapod started to have some light spotting that turned into heavier red blood spotting. (Like we're both not stressed enough?)
It's not quite a period, but Peapod is convinced she just miscarried. The worst thing is I can hardly do anything for her and I feel helpless right now. I can get out of bed and walk around but I'm pretty much teathered to an IV unit. I can't go and cuddle up with her due to the IV drip and the Heprin lock that I have in each arm.

So Monday the tests have started and nothing has turned up so far. We're waiting on the last test, the heart ultrasound to see if I have any inflamation in the lining of the heart. Until then life is just going to suck for a while. I hope they spring us tonight, the beds hear are the worst.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are going through all this. My thoughts are with you Peapod. Hoping they find an answer and easy solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I'm with Michelle. I'm sorry y'all are going through this. I hope things shape up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I hope you are home by now, and all is well. Any updates on Peapod's pea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry - it sounds like an extremely rough weekend. I hope that the last of your tests comes back okay, and that there's nothing serious wrong with you. In the meanwhile, I've got my fingers crossed for you and Peapod.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa.....I really hope everything turns out okay! This is the last thing you all need right now. Thinking of you and Peapod.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, I'm sorry, this sucks all around. Thinking of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry that you have to go through this-but glad everything is alright in the heart aspect. As an ex-ER nurse, they got you in the Cath Lab pretty darn quick!!!

    ReplyDelete