Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Back.. mostly..

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, it's been a rough few weeks healthwise. After 5 days in the hospital I was diagnosed with Pericarditis and GERD (acid reflux). Both of them probably caused by a virus that is also causing quite a cough. Pericarditis is due to fluid in the pericardial sack that the heart rests in. It's generally pretty benign but painful and it leaves you weak. The cure for Pericarditis is time and way to much Ibuprofin. The GERD just made everything hurt worse as does the cough.

I thought I was getting better over the weekend, but had a setback on Monday while I tried to work from home. Ended up going back to the doctors, had a 102.2 degree fever for an entire day and just a lot of discomfort and some pain in my chest. Effectively I have another week of being uncomfortable and resting. Today the fever has mostly broke but had a really tough time getting any sleep last night at all.

I generally hate taking pain mediciation but if it helps me sleep I'll do anything at this point in time.

So how does this deal with infertility? Because everytime I took my temperature on Saturday, Monday and Tuesday and it showed a moderate fever I worried about my sperm. They aren't exactly the best of specimens and I know fever destroys them. Peapod has not started her next cycle yet and I hope it's not for a little bit because I am definitly going to need some time to recover. I'd hate to miss a chance for conception, but if the counts and amount are miniscule is it even worth it?

So while attempting to recover, I'm fretting about fertility... blah.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you're still not feeling well. Don't let the sperm thing eat at you... If there's a problem from the fever, it will only be temporary. I hope that there isn't one, and you're ready to go when she is.

    It might be better to put it off a bit... but that all depends on how both you and Peapod feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodness. It's always something, isn't it? You will be fine, though, and perhaps a 1 cycle break will both do you some good after this last couple of weeks. You know you can conceive, so that's a start :) Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete