Monday, February 21, 2011

Great news and reflections on IVF

Today we took the follow up blood work.. 1470! (which rhymes with pregnancy!)

Peapod is finally excited and is feeling good for once. HCG doubling quickly and we keep talking about "what if it's Twins?". We've had friends already making jokes about this for a while.. that we should name twins with initials BoGo (Buy One Get One).

We're both very happy but I read someone's blog the other day that was just starting to go through all the crap that's IVF.

No one should ever have to go through any portion of IVF ever. It's the most soul sucking experience a couple can go through. For everyone who is going through this, no matter what stage you are, know that you have people all around you even if you've never met them.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. It really meant a lot. One thing that I think that would help my husband know where I'm at is to read my blog...which I've invited him to do several times but so far he hasn't.

    Congrats to you guys! I will definitely be following your story and thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually kind of funny with Peapod and I. At first, I wasn't quite 100% sure that I wanted her to know how I felt. But it worked out for her and I and has made it easier to share how we are feeling. But at first I was worried she was bitching about how I was reacting to the world and that she would think I was bitching about how she was reacting.

    Live and learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the positive betas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That's great that Peapod's betas are doubling so well! I hope everything continues smoothly from here on out!

    (Here from the LFCA)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! So happy for the two of you!
    -Kristen from www.buckupbuttercup.net

    ReplyDelete